Are you a Health or Medical Professional seeking hearing advice for your patients?
If you are concerned that your patient is experiencing problems with their hearing, it is important to know what options may be available to them. Our team of highly trained audiologists are dedicated to helping people experience the joy of better hearing. We will make the journey easy for your patients and provide them with on-going support and care.
Who should you refer?
You should refer anyone you suspect may have a hearing loss. Your patient may have hearing loss if they are reporting or experiencing any of the following:
- Muffling of speech and other sounds.
- Difficulty understanding words, especially against background noise or in a crowd.
- Having to ask others to repeat themselves or commenting that people don’t speak clearly.
- Needing to turn up the volume of the television or radio.
- Withdrawal from conversations.
- Avoidance of some social settings.
- Feeling tired or stressed from having to concentrate while listening.
- Friends or family commenting on their hearing.
Hearing Related Risk Factors
Heart health - Inadequate blood flow and trauma to the blood vessels of the inner ear can cause hearing loss.
Head or ear trauma - Particularly to the temporal bone, ear trauma can cause conductive and sensorineural hearing impairment.
Tinnitus - 90% of people with tinnitus also have a hearing loss.
If your patients have any concerns about their hearing ability then a referral for a Diagnostic Hearing Test & Consultation is recommended.
With over 115 clinics nationwide, Bay Audiology is the largest audiology network in New Zealand. We offer a range of services which support preventative, diagnostic and rehabilitative solutions to hearing loss.
We offer the following appointments FREE of charge for GP referred patients aged 18 years and over:
- Preliminary Hearing Check - A basic 15-minute hearing screening. Recommended for adults who are not sure if they have a hearing problem.
- Diagnostic Hearing Test & Consultation (valued at $79) - A 75 minute full diagnostic test & consultation. Recommended for adults who are aware of hearing problems and want to know more about technology solutions, and/or experience tinnitus.
- Medical Hearing Test (valued at $79) - A 30-minute appointment for adults who have noticed sudden hearing loss or other medical symptoms such as eardrum related issues.
In addition to our free referral services, we also offer:
- Personalised hearing aid solutions for all budgets and levels of hearing loss.
- Hearing aid fittings, featuring the latest technology from a range of manufacturers.
- Tinnitus assessment and management.
- ACC hearing tests as a Registered ACC Supplier.
Our GP Services
How to refer your patients
Referring to Bay Audiology is simple and easy. There are two main ways to refer your patients to us:
Referral vouchers - Give your patients one of our referral vouchers to book an appointment at their local Bay Audiology clinic.
MedTech - You can also refer your patients directly through MedTech. Simply click on 'ConnectedCare' in the menu, then to 'Audiology Referrals', and then click 'Refer to Bay Audiology'.
To request more referral vouchers, brochures or to arrange a GP screening or presentation at your practice, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org