Keeping your hearing aids in order is easy
Hearing aids are great when it comes to helping you live your life to the full. But they’re also very delicate, advanced pieces of technology so they need to be looked after properly. This guide will help you do just that, and ensure you continue to enjoy the sounds you love.
- Ensure hands are clean and dry when handling your hearing aids.
- Protect your hearing aids from heat and moisture.
- Use a dry kit every night. For rechargeable hearing aids ask your clinician. We can advise and supply the best kit for you.
- Check your ears are clean and free of wax build up.
- Turn hearing aids off by opening the battery door when not in use. For rechargeable hearing aids, place in charger.
- Make sure any repairs to hearing aids are carried out by your local Bay Audiology clinician.
- Replace a dead battery immediately. For rechargeable hearing aids, charge overnight.
- Clean hearing aids daily with cleansing wipes.
You can purchase all hearing aid consumables at our clinics.
- Let hearing aids get dirty.
- Use hairspray when a hearing aid is in place.
- Get hearing aids wet in baths, showers, saunas or steam baths.
- Dry hearing aids with anything but a specialist hearing aid drying kit. Using equipment like hairdryers or microwaves can cause irreparable damage.
- Open the case of a hearing aid.